Over the past 20 years, we’ve worked with a number of DMC in Spain (Destination Management Companies). In this article, we share some knowledge on exactly what are DMC agencies and explain the reasons for using a destination management company to plan your business travel and events abroad. If you have any questions that aren’t listed below, feel free to write them in a comment further down and we’ll reply in the shortest delays.
- What does “DMC” mean?
- What is the different between a DMC and a traditional travel agency or tour operator?
- Why use a Destination Management Company?
The acronym “DMC” stands for “Destination Management Company”, and represents a type of company that specialises in the planning and implementation of various forms of travels and events for businesses. Destination management companies, also known as “DMO”s (Destination Management Organisations) handle anything from international travel arrangements to local transportation, accommodation, cultural tours, activities, and more.
Tour operators, as the name indicates, operate locally to offer various forms of tours and excursions to clients. Travel or tourist agencies specialize in transport and accommodation packages that may include tours or excursions offered by the tour operators. DMCs, on the other hand, offer a much wider scope of travel products. They position themselves as the only point of contact for the client, and use their extensive knowledge of the destination to work with the best local suppliers and agencies. Here are some of the areas a DMC will get involved in: travel arrangements, pickup and greeting from stations and airports, airport transfers, hotel and restaurant bookings, tailored activities and workshops, themed corporate events, conference event bookings, logistic support for conventions and other events, and more.
DMC travel exists for a very simple reason: to facilitate the organising of unique and tailor-made travels and events for any size group with the least amount of hassle for DMC tourists. Destination management companies take care of the entire travel supply channel, coordinating between hand-picked agencies and trusted suppliers to create unique experiences.
- In the first instance, a DMC helps to streamline the whole booking process, avoiding double bookings or unreliable suppliers, finding the best services in relation to the client’s overall budget, offering one reliable point of contact, overcoming potential language barriers, etc.
- Secondly, thanks to their extensive knowledge and experience of the touristic resources of the destination, DMCs are able to offer unique ideas for events and excursions to their clients. Ideas that would otherwise be impossible to find through standard agencies on the internet.
- Thirdly, a destination management company usually works very closely with their client, assisting in a number of business and creative ways. A DMC establishes a position of trust with its client, shaping out arrangements for travel and events according to the business’ needs and objectives.
Do you have any questions? Contact Us!
We aim to update this list of questions and answers on Destination Management Companies regularly. If you have a question you would like answered feel free to write it in a comment below. At Es.cultura Events we pride ourselves in organising the best incentive events and team building in Spain.
CONTACT US for more information on the event production services that we offer.